It’s needless to say, smoking is extremely harmful to human health. But the strange thing is that all know about this but it doesn’t change the quantity of smokers fundamentally.
The Effect of Nicotine on the Human Body
Most smokers naively believe that only nicotine is the most dangerous substance in tobacco products. In fact there are a number of poisonous compounds that are capable for permanent damage of the smoker’s body and other surrounding people as well. Scientists do not confirm weak excuses of smokers that the filter is able to stop the penetration of harmful compounds into the body. Only 35-40% of toxic substances are held back by the filter.
Today doctors admit that smoking and human health are interrelated:
- Nicotine – affects endocrine profile, nervous, respiratory, urinoexcretory and cardiovascular systems;
- Cadmium and lead – have a negative impact on kidneys, blood vessels, and bone tissue;
- Methane, radioactive substances, formaldehyde, arsenic – intoxicate the whole human body;
- Phenol – affects the respiratory system irritating mucous membrane that can be the cause of cancer;
- Carbone oxide, ethanol, methyl – damage blood vessels.
Smoking and the Reproductive System
Any experienced doctor while finding out the cause of ED claims that nearly 85% of all cases is a result of excessive smoking.
Based on the practice and world research in this field, experts point out that smoking and potency in men are interrelated:
- Nicotine and phenolics – harm the circulatory system leading to vessel constriction. The development of atherosclerosis and vascular occlusion influence sensual life negatively.
- Smoking decreases the oxygen uptake that has a negative impact on the functioning of all the body systems.
- Congestion in the pelvic organs breaks the functioning of the genitourinary system.
- Smoking leads to the decrease of testosterone production. As a result, men are deprived of sexual appetite.
- Smoking impairs the sperm motility and damages its quality. That’s why most smokers’ children have some health problems.
Of course, the one-cigarette dose is too little to get any dangerous poisonous effect but a smoking habit provides the regular input of noxious substances into the body. Most men mark that even taking strong drugs like world-known Cialis and Viagra don’t provide a desired effect in the case if a man is a confirmed smoker. They have to take a stiff dose of drugs, Viagra 100mg or its generic Viagra 150mg, for instance. Gradually, nicotine addiction promotes erectile dysfunction and a lack of sexual desire.
How can Smoking Cessation Influence on ED?
Scientists and doctors note that smoking and ED are connected that is why the first point for the successful treatment of erectile dysfunction is smoking cessation. Of course, potency recovery after the cessation also depends on individual characteristics of the patient, his age, and his smoking history. Specialists warrant a health-promoting effect after 1 month already and a full recovery after half a year.
Most patients mention the following results:
- Improvement of erection;
- Increase of coitus duration;
- Sex drive enhancement;
- Improvement of state of health;
- Normalization of ejaculation;
- Enhancement of penis sensitivity.